Our health services staff, is available for video consultation and education to our student population. Schedule your Tele Health Initial Consultation through Lake Forest Student Health Patient Portal
- In the Tele Health Initial Consultation via Zoom, you will provide a brief reason for your consultation.
- You and our nursing staff will explore the best referral: 1) an additional telehealth meeting; 2) a scheduled in-person meeting; 3) a referral in the community; or 4) whether an educational session will provide you the information you need.
- In addition, our health services staff will be assisting Lake Forest College monitor all cases of COVID 19 and may reach out to you to inquire about your current condition or what resources you may need at that time.
- Please call 847-735-5240 (leave a message) or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Health Records and Immunizations
All full-time (first year and transfer) students are required to complete the following forms on the Lake Forest Student Health Patient Portal: medical history, immunization history, TB questionnaire and Consent to Treat (if under the age of 18 prior to the start of semester). Asigned/stamped copy of your immunization records must be uploaded into the portal for dates to be verified. It is important that you complete all necessary forms with proof into the Lake Forest Student Health Portal by December 2020. If forms are not submitted by December 2020, students may be subject to a late fee of $100. Students not in compliance with the immunization requirements during their first term of attendance are restricted from registering for subsequent terms until compliance is obtained.
Students that are seeking a religious exemption must complete the religious exemption certificate and submit it with your completed Health History Form.
Use your College issued username and password to log in.
What is a nurse practitioner?
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an advanced practice nurse with graduate level training who provides healthcare services similar to those traditionally performed by a doctor. NP’s diagnose and treat health problems and focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling. They help patients make wise health and lifestyle choices.
What is a registered nurse?
A registered nurse (RN) is a licensed medical professional who provides hands-on medical care. RNs provide basic care, health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling.
For On-campus students, when the clinic is not open:
In the event of an urgent or emergency illness or injury when the Health and Wellness Center is closed, students should call the Department of Public Safety at 847-735-5555. An officer will respond to all calls, evaluate your condition, and arrange for transport to the nearest emergency facility if needed.
If your issue is less urgent but can’t wait until the Health and Wellness Center is open, there is a local clinic that has hours of operation in the evenings and on weekends:
If you live on campus, the Minute Clinic located inside of CVS Pharmacy in Lake Forest at 520 N. Western Avenue. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday 9 am to 4:30 pm. Lunch breaks are from 1:30-2:30 Monday through Friday and 1:00 - 1:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Why would I need to go to the hospital?
- Emergency Care for illness or injury that can’t wait until the clinic opens.
- Services not provided at the Health and Wellness Center such as radiology (x-rays).
- Inpatient care.
Have the student health insurance plan offered by the College? Cigna has 24/7 Nurseline Access: 800-634-7629. Students should call when seeking professional medical assistance; for example, when they’re not sure if they should go to the doctor or Emergency Room.
- Health Services at Lake Forest
- Counseling Services
- Trauma Resources
- Fitness Resources
- Nutrition Resources
- Wellness Peer Education Program
- Healthy Relationships
- Financial Literacy – From Backpack to Briefcase
- Athlete Wellness
- The Resiliency Project
Kathy Salinger,APN/NP-C, MSN,RN
Associate Director, Health Services
Health and Wellness Center Hours and Information
Buchanan Hall (South Campus)
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
By appointment only
Please leave a message at
or email healthandwellness.edu
and the department assistant will respond as soon as possible.