Health and Wellness
Changes to Health and Wellness Center: Spring 2021
The Health and Wellness Center is open!
Health services has limited in person appointments as the nursing staff are supervising the COVID Testing Clinic and supporting students in isolation and quarantine. To schedule a health appointment:
Call (847) 735-5240 (please leave message) or
Counseling services staff are working remotely. All Initial Consultations for Counseling must be scheduled.
Log into the Lake Forest Student Health Portal
Call (847) 735-5240 (please leave message)
Health and Wellness Services Hours*:
8:30 a.m.–11:30 am
2 p.m.–5 p.m.
*By Appointment Only. Buchanan 137 door will remain locked for the Spring semester and entry to the Health and Wellness Center will only be allowed with a scheduled in-person appointment.
Mental Health Emergencies
(outside of normal business hours M–F 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.)
Crisis Counselor on Call:
While our services have some restrictions, the following services are available to our Lake Forest College students, regardless of geographic location:
- Online Support Spaces
Weekly support space for our students of color led by Dr. Abena Berry (former therapist at Health and Wellness). Tuesdays 11-12 CT: email firstname.lastname@example.org for the log-in information.
- Digital Workshops – https://lakeforest.zoom.us/my/foresterhealthandwellness
Let’s Talk - Mondays 3-4pm, Tuesdays 2-3pm, Wednesdays 9-10am, and Fridays 11am-12pm - https://lakeforest.zoom.us/my/foresterhealthandwellness
Let’s Talk is a free drop-in space to talk to a therapist without necessarily starting therapy! Discuss a problem, learn how to help a friend, or learn more about therapy. We’re here to help!MindFulness Workshop - Thursday, April 29th and May 6th- 4:00-5:00 pm- https://lakeforest.zoom.us/my/foresterhealthandwellness
- HWC will be hosting a drop-in (no RSVP necessary) Mindfulness Space on Thursdays to help students deal with finals and…everything
- Educational posts and videos on social media
- Instagram: lfchealthandwellness
- Facebook: Lake Forest College Health and Wellness Center
- Twitter: lfcbewell
- Take a minute right now to follow us so you’ll always know what programs are coming up next.
- Have you read The Stentor yet?
We have! Click on the link below to read an article in The Stentor clearing up any misconceptions you may be having about who is eligible for our services and how to attain them. Then, keep reading to find all the articles that are more fun than ours!
- Our nursing staff are available for phone/video consultation and education to our student population regarding physical health concerns.
- In the consultation, you will provide a brief reason for your consultation.
- You and our nursing staff will explore the best referral for you, or whether an educational session will provide you the information you need.
- In addition, our nursing staff will be assisting Lake Forest College monitor all cases of COVID 19 and may reach out to you to inquire about your current condition or what resources you may need at that time.
- Crisis Management
- All students can schedule same-day crisis sessions with a therapist by contacting the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240. After business hours, all students can access our Crisis Counselor On-Call crisis phone at 224-501-1621. This phone is for crises only and not a way of calling to schedule an appointment
Health and Wellness Center Statement about Current and Ongoing Racial Injustice and Violence
Dear Lake Forest Student Body,
The Health and Wellness Center condemns the shooting of Jacob Blake, and the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, and countless others whose lives ended at the hands of the people who were meant to protect and serve their community. As racism and hate groups continue to plague our society, we as a Center stand with our communities and say this is not acceptable. We need to demand justice from a system that has been unjust and inequitable for hundreds of years. The trauma that we are all experiencing in the moment may lead to a range of emotions, fear, shock, anger, sadness, guilt, and helplessness. However, it is important to be aware that the recent trauma is especially injurious to our members of the Black and African-American communities who have endured this trauma for centuries. We want to ensure that our students who have been impacted know we are here to provide continued support. We need to acknowledge that our Health and Wellness Center staff do not yet physically represent the racial identities of all our students, but we want you to know our deep commitment to providing a safe space where you can feel heard and validated. We encourage you to contact our office (847-735-5240 or email@example.com) if you (or someone you know) would like support.
The Health and Wellness Center Staff
The Health and Wellness Center does not provide health or counseling services to Lake Forest College employees.
Counseling Services Hours*
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - Noon
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
By appointment only
Crisis Counselor on Call: