The Writing Center is offering remote peer tutoring this summer. Please contact Kate Oakley directly to schedule a Writing Center appointment.
We provide Lake Forest College students with free tutoring and resources for every stage of the writing process. Our tutors are excited to be your writing partners!
What We Offer:
- Free, one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Personalized writing strategies based on your needs
- Strategies for multilingual writers
- Free resources online and in the Center
- Client-focused practice supporting writers at any level and any stage of the writing process
- Over 15 trained student tutors with appointments available Sunday through Friday
- Three types of appointments—as-needed, weekly, and walk-in
Make an appointment by emailing Kate Oakley.
To schedule a weekly appointments, fill out our Self-Assessment Form.
Fall ’20 hours will be posted over the summer. Please check back!
Daytime walk-in appointments are available during any hour of operation. Arrive at the start of the hour; a tutor will help you if a scheduled client does not arrive before ten past the hour.
Evening walk-in appointments are Sunday–Thursday from 7pm-9pm. Sign in as early as 6:50pm; a designated walk-in tutor will help you and other walk-in clients in the order you arrive.
Walk-in appointments are first come, first serve.
Lower level of Hotchkiss Hall
We are elevator-accessible and have different tutoring spaces available to meet a variety of needs. Please let us know if there is something we can do to make your appointments more accessible. Contact Kate Oakley at email@example.com or (847-735-5233).